Sunday, October 23, 2016

I'm not quite sure yet if this is a good idea or not.

Since I moved out of my parent's house last summer and in with my boyfriend, I haven't had any place that I can call "mine". Yes, we technically share the house (his house, I have minimal financial responsibility there), but there's no where in the house that I can retreat to and just have "my spot". We changed that this weekend, and it's possibly the smallest change ever, but I'm thrilled. I bought a new desk, lamp, and monitor, and he threw together a working PC for me from old bits he had laying around the house from previous technological endeavors. And now I have a mini "office" in the loft outside of the bedroom. Maybe I'll stop using quotes "eventually."

But of course, now that I have said office for whatever reason I needed it, I feel like I have to do something with it. I've had the thought itching in the back of my mind for a while now that I want to make a dive back into an online presence rather than just lurking like I tend to do, so I suppose this is the right way to go about it. We'll see. If anything, it's a nice change from just sitting on the couch in silence together scrolling the internet separately. Now we're just sitting in separate rooms (not that the loft really counts as a room, but close enough), silently scrolling the internet with the occasional Facebook message/sticker being sent just to remind the other that we're still here. 

I always feel like I get stuck in a rut of trying to produce content online for everyone else's enjoyment rather than just a creative outlet for myself, so at the moment I don't actually know what I'm going to try to do with this still other than just a digital journal really. I might throw up a recipe or two occasionally, or chronicle our camping trips during the summer but for now I think it's going to be a dumping ground at the end of the day for whatever I need to get out of my head.

If you're still here, even if it's just because you forgot to unfollow this blog, thanks for sticking around. Hopefully someone out there gets some enjoyment out of the weird things that go on in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/20 What A Week

I don't have a clever title for you today. I'm tired. Not just sleepy tired, exhausted tired. It's been a week. And it's onl...