Friday, February 9, 2018

2/9 Snowed In Pinterest Binging

I don't actually know how "new" of a thing this is on Pinterest, but as of recently you can make SECTIONS on your boards now. Sections = lists. Pinterest boards are basically a list of things you like, so now you get to make more concise lists within your already curated lists. I love a good list, guys. Lists on lists on lists. My favorite part of planning anything is making prep lists. Grocery lists, planner lists, to-do lists. Lists to keep track of things, lists of things already done vs. things that still need to be done. I've been told a time or two that I'm....ahem...OVER-organized. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Anyway. I spent the good majority of my time in the hospital as well as the first few days home sitting on the couch perusing Pinterest and carefully crafting the newfound Sections, and I've picked back up today with the impending snowpocalypse looming down on us. I've been pounding out samples and color swatches and new product patterns for my Etsy store and my brain (and pin pricked fingers) needed a break. I've shifted my focus from creating samples and patterns to creating font color swatches and lurking Pinterest while the embroidery machine does it's thing.

I think one of the only good things about being on medical leave from work at the moment is not having to go anywhere in this ridiculous snowstorm. The Boy has the luxury of being able to work from home almost whenever he needs (or wants) to, so he never usually needs to worry about winter weather traffic. Working in retail, that has always ALWAYS been a concern. You don't get to take sick days or weather days, you don't get to work from home. The mall I work in has (as far as I know) literally NEVER been closed. For anything. Except a select few holidays, and let's be real even those probably aren't guaranteed for too much longer. Even if there's 6 feet of snow expected to drop in a matter of hours, you're still expected to haul your ass to work with a smile on your face. Don't get me wrong, I do (for the most part) enjoy my job. But some days I'd kill for the option to say "Hey, it's not worth risking my life to drive here right now. See you tomorrow."

Still on the Pinterest topic, as I'm organizing and re-organizing the THOUSANDS (no seriously) of pins I have, I'm discovering things I saved years and years ago that either have zero relevance in my life or are just hilarious to me now. I took a break from Pinterest for a few years, I didn't get the point of it for a while and I didn't see the need to have a bunch of ideas saved for things that I didn't actually need. Some days I still think that, but then I see another farmhouse sink and an emerald cut sapphire engagement ring and I'm hooked again.

This is short and sweet-ish today, as I think I've spent enough time glued to my desk and sewing machine for the last week. I'm going to have a few beers and watch The Boy play some video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/20 What A Week

I don't have a clever title for you today. I'm tired. Not just sleepy tired, exhausted tired. It's been a week. And it's onl...